If you have undertaken an assessment under the private sector, then it would be expected that any precription given by that consultant should be obtained as a private prescription (as per NHS Surrey).
The reasons why your GP is unable to issue these medications include:
- It may be an unlicensed medication
- There may be a more cost effective medicine prescribed locally from Surrey Primary Care Trust
- The medicine may need special monitoring and your GP feels they do not have the expertise to do this
- It may not be a medication your GP would normally prescribe
- A full diagnosis, with appropriate test results, has not been provided by the consultant
- Your GP feels that the medicine is not clinically indicated
The practice will only switch a private presciption to NHS precription under exceptional circumstances.
If you have any further queries regarding this then please arrange a telephone consultation with your GP.